- Will Hodgman at COAG meeting in Cairns today
- He must finally tackle the big issues with the PM
- Tasmanians sick of a hands-off Premier
Will Hodgman must finally show some leadership by demanding action from the Prime Minister and other State Premiers on the big issues facing Tasmania.
Labor Leader Rebecca White said Tasmanians deserved better than a hands-off Premier.
“Tasmanians deserve someone who will take the fight up to the Prime Minister,” Ms White said.
Will Hodgman must come back from Cairns with:
- A plan to turn around Tasmania’s jobless rate, which is the worst in the nation and getting worse;
- Details on the Federal Government’s deal to forgive Tasmania’s public housing debt; and
- An unequivocal statement from Scott Morrison that Australia will not be developing nuclear energy.
“Will Hodgman scurried away from scrutiny in Parliament to attend the COAG meeting, it is incumbent that he delivers for Tasmania.
“Tasmanians are sick of seeing Will Hodgman sit back while Tassie jobs are destroyed and the health system gets worse.
“When a Liberal Prime Minister jumps, Will Hodgman asks how high?
“It’s time he stands up to the Prime Minister and put Tasmanian jobs first.”